Orthopedic vs. Solid Foam Mattresses
Find the right mattress and wake up feeling great.The mattress you sleep on every night has a big impact on the way you feel every morning. If your mattress is old and worn out or unsuited to your sleeping style, you’ll probably wake up feeling stiff and sore. The good news is that with the right mattress you can avoid this morning pain and take advantage of your sleeping hours to help your body rest and rejuvenate. Compare orthopedic vs. solid foam mattress to identify the best option for you:
There is not a strict definition of orthopedic mattresses or guidelines describing their features, but in general these are mattresses that have been specifically designed to support the joints and back. As you would expect, the details of these mattresses have been informed by orthopedics – the medical study of issues affecting the joints and spine.
Since mattress manufacturing has improved so much in recent years, it’s now possible to produce mattresses with orthopedic benefits that come in a wide range of sizes, styles, and materials. The only shared feature is that they conform closely to the body and relieve pressure from common pain points. Here’s the benefits you should know about:
- Avoid interruptions to your sleep caused by aches and pains.
- Wake up ready to enjoy a pain-free day.
- Support your treatment for issues involving pain.
- Enjoy medical benefits while also relying on a mattress that is comfortable and durable.
You have probably heard of solid foam mattress referred to as memory foam before. These models rely on a thick, dense layer of foam rather than internal springs to provide support and a supple sleeping surface. Since they are able to easily contour to the body and provide targeted support around the neck, shoulders, back, and hips, they are also strong options for people who sleep with pain.
Like orthopedic mattresses, sleeping on solid foam mattress does not limit the sizes and styles available to you. And in addition to providing support, these mattresses are extremely comfortable and great for people who share the bed with a partner or pet. Keep these benefits in mind as you consider solid foam mattress:
- Enjoy the balance of comfort and support.
- Isolate movements and motion so that bedmates are not disturbed when someone tosses and turns or gets up early.
- Hold the body in place with contouring foam so that you do not roll into an uncomfortable position during the night.
- Allow cool air to flow through the mattress and avoid restless sleep due to heat issues.
Relieve Pain with a Beloit Mattress
The takeaway here is that if you live with pain both an orthopedic or solid foam mattress will help the problem day and night. That means when you consider an orthopedic vs. solid foam mattress, you should focus on price, size, and materials. Browse the inventory at Beloit Mattress, and count on finding an option that takes the pain away.
To learn more from our team of mattress experts, consult our free Mattress Buying Guide.